Polka Dots are the New Gingham….
…No but really. They are. Polka dots are the new gingham and I’m so stoked. I love how so many designers are not just being thoughtful about the silhouettes their creating, but additionally moving towards innovation in the textiles and prints they use. One of my favorite new print trends is the move from gingham to polka dots. From dresses to jumpsuits, I’m seeing this trend everywhere and I am already a fan.
Polka dots are additionally far more easily transitioned into fall clothing than gingham (which I LOVE but screams of summer – though don’t be too surprised if I wear it anyway). This particular set is bright and let and fairly summery – but I have already seen a sneak peek of Flynn Skye’s fall collection and there’s a polka dot jumpsuit already on my radar.
Here are some of my top polka dot picks for fall:
1. Norma Kamali Double Breasted Trench *I don’t think I even need to say anything about this one except GIMME
2. Emma Pake Monica One Piece *I realize you’ll get less pool action in the fall, but every girl needs a spa day, am I RIGHT? 😉
3. Lioness Caliente Ruffle Dress *perfect transition piece – great now with sandles and in the fall, throw on booties and/or a cardi!
4. Fame & Partners x Revolve Alexas Dress – Navy Spot Print *fall weddings anyone? love this super on trend gown.
5. Alexis Lincolm Polka Dot Jumpsuit *a bit on the pricy side – but this jumpsuit is TO DIE for – it’s on my personal waitlist!
6. Fame & Partners x Revolve Mini Dress – Black Small Spot Print *another F&P hit (they have so much polka dot action going on right meow; as does Norma Kamali), but couldn’t resist – perfect LBD for fall