In between my regular “Designer Spotlight” features, I may occasionally do mini spots, shorter pieces on some designers whose recent lines or latest moves I’m impressed by. This week – it’s Kendra Scott, and the reason is her new fall line.
I should say that my first favorite thing about Kendra is that she’s the perfect example of a #bossbabe and is a true inspiration for ambitious women everywhere. Her line has long been a local favorite for Austinites. Characterized by her signature shapes and stones, you can spot Kendra Scott in almost everyone’s closet out here in ATX. Lately, however, what I’m most impressed by is Kendra’s ability to keep her signature touches (styles are always in several metal and stone selections and have a simplicity and classic feel), but add new and edgy pieces that give us gals a reason to keep coming back for me.
Kendra launched her fall line this past week and I have to say I am not only impressed, but obsessed. It’s all inspired by Italy, my absolute favorite country, and she does such an excellent job of combining her style with the things that make that country special – the rich tones, elegance and glamour are all a perfect homage to the country and what has long made it one of the most beautiful and historic places in the world.
The jewel selection is perfect for falls trending colors (she brought back more of last year’s bordeaux which I love but added a beautiful green Jasper and a “Crushed Gold Mica” that is a beautiful mix of gold and copper, perfect for fall and reminiscent of the shades leaves turn when they change color (or what Kendra describes as the way gold coins look at the bottom of a fountain – SIGH, love this and totally brings me back to my time in Rome). I honestly don’t think I’m even close to done shopping this collection and can’t wait to wear more!
Below are some of my favorite picks from the collection; some I have and some are on my wishlist, but either way I recommend you grab a few to get your fall lookbook started; I also added my color recs in each, but I truly love all the combos Kendra came up with this season:
1. Annora Lariat Necklace (color rec: Green Ocean Jasper) *love how many ways this can be worn!
2. Clarissa Ear Climbers (color rec: Black Granite Mix) *ear climbers are my FAVE and these are so cool
3. Blithe Cocktail Ring (color rec: Bordeaux) *fun statement ring and edgier piece for Kendra’s typical style
4. Blossom Earring (color rec: ALL – literally I want them all) *such a great take on the fringe trend – obsessed with these.
5. Gigi Ear Jacket (color rec: Black Granite) *love the shape of the stone – so architectural
7. Honor Stud Earrings (color rec: Crystal Gray Illusion) *excellent twist on the classic Kendra stud!)
8. Heidi Choker Necklace (color rec: Rose Gold) *such a unique take on a choker – haven’t seen anything like it!
9. Misty Hinge Bracelet (color rec: Ivory Illusion) *simple, but sexy statement bracelet that will go with everything
10. Libby Statement Earring (color rec: Crushed Gold Mica)